Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ode to Mom

Happy Mother's Day! I am so grateful for my mom and for all women on the earth. In our married student ward new couples are invited to attend the celestial marriage class for at least 6 months, because of that I have had mother's on my mind a lot. I am so grateful for the role of women and of motherhood. I have learned so much from my mom as I know she learned so much from her mother. As I look forward to someday being a mom (no, not an announcement) I am terrified and am so excited to fulfill this role to nurture and love. This is just a list of many of the things my mom has done for me as I'm sure yours have done for you.
1. Taxi driver
2 #1 fan (for soccer and dance, rain or shine)
3. Best listener
4. Advice Giver
5. Knows when to agree when I had trouble with boys and when to express her frustration as well
6. Patient
7. Cook
8. Referee when little (2 boys and 1 girl, she solved the problem).
9. Loving
10. Supportive and Encouraging
Not only am i grateful for my mom, but for my grandma, who taught my mom so much. I hope that I can also teach my future children the right. Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment