Friday, September 2, 2011

First Week Jitters

Well, Jordan started his MBA and has been busier than ever, but nonetheless is loving it! I started Kindergarten this week and this is just a bit of quotes for your enjoyment.



Student #1: When is recess?



Me: (didn't respond)



Student #1: Mrs. Ellingson when is recess?



Student #2: What IS recess?

(I forget how everything about school is foreign to them)

_________________________________



Student: Mrs. Ellingson where are all the toys? (poor child is in for a bit of change)

_________________________________



I had been teaching my kids the word 'the' this week because it is a word we basically know by sight. I continued to refer to it as "the magic word". Throughout the day I would ask "What is the magic word?"

At the end of the day: "What is the magic word?"



All students: (shouting) : PLEASE! (at least they know their manners)

_________________________________

We had a short lesson about saying please and thank you and they might receive another thing for my class reward system. Right after we had talked about it I then heard...



Student #1: Thank you for recess



Student #2: Thank you for letting us go to recess



I then heard a lot of thank you's for the rest of the day. I love my job even though there are frustrating days and sometimes I just want to fall asleep on the floor it is the best!

1 comment:

  1. That's great you got a job! Last I talked to you, you weren't sure yet. I love the quotes, definitely keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete