Thursday, January 5, 2012

Extra! Extra! Read All About it!

NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!

1. Our first bit of news is that we went and had our ultrasound before Christmas and we are going to have a BABY GIRL! Things are going great so far! We have already decided she will probably be a soccer player, because she loves to kick. We both love feeling her kick.

2. Jordan finished his first semester as a BYU MBA student and did awesome! Lately, we have felt so blessed to have a bunch of interviews for summer internships. After much prayer, list making, and contemplating we are headed to...

Cincinnati, Ohio
We truly could not feel more blessed and grateful for this opportunity to work for Proctor and Gamble in the state of Ohio for the summer. What an adventure it will be?! (I'm just excited to have a lil' buddy to keep me company this time).

3. Christmas was a blast! We spent the majority of it with the Ellingson family in Mesa, AZ. Man, I have a new love for oranges. We ate at least 2 a day. We then spent a little time with the Tingey's in Flagstaff, AZ enjoying a wonderful BYU bowl football game. I have slacked on all picture taking lately so this is all I have... hope you enjoy!
Jordan's little brother got a little puppy for Christmas. Let's just say I think I got a little attached. It was cold outside and I was worried about him so Jordan helped me come up with a plan. We found a sleeve from an old sweatshirt and turned it into a nice turtleneck sweater. Call me crazy!It was quite the blast having little kids (our nieces and nephews) around during the break. These two would sit on the chair while Jordan spun them around... they couldn't get enough of it. Jordan is going to be an incredible dad! I am constantly amazed with his love and compassion for all little children.

4. Teaching is great! If you are having a rough day, read this! Probably my new favorite quote from one of my students.
Background: We were celebrating a half birthday and the girl brought a box of candy hearts for each student. On the outside of the box it had pictures of hearts with some of the sayings. One of my boys started laughing hysterically.

Teacher: What are you laughing at?

Student: (Pointing to the box) It says b-f (making the letter sounds)

Teacher: Oh, ya that is BFF, it means best friends forever.

Student: (still laughing crazily) b-f means best friends forever!

4 comments:

  1. yay! so happy for you two and happy our brand new little girls will have eachother! i often wonder what it will be like in 18 years when maybe they meet up at byu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cincinnati's only 3 hours away from me!! We don't know where we're going to be next summer, but hopefully there's an overlap so I can come meet your little lady and you can meet my newest little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, OHIO! So far away, but I'm so excited for you guys. Hope you have a great experience at Proctor & Gamble, Jordan. How far from the Hancocks?
    Super excited for you "little buddy" too, Kaitlin. Oh, I can't wait to meet that little kicker!
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys make me so happy! So excited about you having a little girl and going to Cincinnati...how far of a drive is that from DC? haha...just kidding, something I feel like everything east of Utah is close to each other :) Anyways, I'm so glad everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete